Today, I am going to show you a quick, fun way to change illustrations to graphics. I will be using Illustrator CS2. The first thing I’ve done here is drawn a simple flower with pencil, and traced it with a sharpie, and markers. I traced it with a sharpie, and markers to help define the lines, which makes live trace in Illustrator CS2 easier to use. After finishing the drawling, I scanned it in to my computer as an .ai file, using 300 dpi. Once it’s saved I will be opening it Illustrator CS2
1. Now that it is opened in Illustrator CS2 — hit Select >All
2. There will now be a red box all the way around the drawing.
3. Next hit Object>Live Trace>Tracing Options.
4. Using these Tracing Options.
5. Our drawing now has nice smooth lines, and is ready to color.
6. To color we will be converting the image to live paint like this.
7. Once your image is converted to live paint you can now click in each area with the fill tool to color the image.
When the image is colored completely it will look like this.
9. To color the background use the same fill tool, with the selected color click on the background to get this look.
10. We have now converted our drawing in to a graphic using Illustrator CS2. It’s now ready to be use in many fun ways.
We hope you like! Thanks again for following a long!